Re: [opensuse-factory] Friendly warning: Python 2 is going to be removed from Factory on 2020-01-02
Dne pondělí 15. dubna 2019 13:39:10 CEST, Matěj Cepl napsal(a):
this is just your periodic remainder (which could be expected for
the last 10+ years or so, so there shouldn't be any surprise)
that on the bright fresh chilly morning of 2020-01-02 we are
going to remove python2 package (that's Python 2.7.* interpreter)
from Factory.

Running 'sudo zypper rm python2*' would now remove bleachbit, calibre,
duplicity, grass, inkscape and osc. Trying to investigate Python 3 transition
https://github.com/bleachbit/bleachbit is actively maintained and there is
some Python 3 progress.
At https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre and https://calibre-ebook.com/
download_linux I don't see anything about Python 3.
Duplicity https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1440372 seems to be Python
3 ready soon.
GRASS GIS https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_6/
REQUIREMENTS.html should be Python 3 in 7.8, so also hopefully soon.
Regarding https://inkscape.org/ I didn't find anything.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu