Re: [opensuse-factory] Friendly warning: Python 2 is going to be removed from Factory on 2020-01-02
On Mon, Apr 15, Adam Majer wrote:

On 4/15/19 2:32 PM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Mon, Apr 15, Michael Ströder wrote:

As said. There are various installation for which back-port patches will
be
available, including SLE.

SLES15 SP1 is already python3 only, all python2 code moved to a legacy
module (which means limited support and a short lifecycle) which will be
removed mid-term. As announced already two years ago, or even longer.

So the python2 interpreter is removed too?

Yes, that one has moved, too.

I was under impression the interpreter remains for duration of SLE15.

No, we always clearly stated, that this will not be the case.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany