Re: [opensuse-factory] Friendly warning: Python 2 is going to be removed from Factory on 2020-01-02
Michael Ströder píše v Po 15. 04. 2019 v 13:56 +0200:
I really wonder why this is necessary. Given the fact that
there are enterprise distros maintaining Python 2 for a much
longer time there will be backport patches available for
upcoming security issues. And I'm willing to take care of that.

You are free to keep your own project on OBS with packages you want
to support (or use Leap), but Factory is for “the newest stable
software” and “bleeding edge software”, not the museum of computer
archeology.

Best,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Thou shalt not nede to be afrayed for any bugges by night.
-- Coverdale's 1535 translation of Psalm 91
(or Christopher Higley's 1972 thesis explaining why
programmers' are nocturnal beasts)