Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE4 Status update
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 14 Apr 2019 22:46:00 +0200
Hi Christophe,

[...]

I tested them all besides Yarock:

Please test and compare the other audio players:
- Elisa

- always crashes when adding new paths, works after a restart using the
configured paths
- very slow reading of large collections (hours ...)
- sort order for artists is really unusal; I'm not even sure, where it
takes the information from 8-/

- Cantata

- supports only one directory containing music per mpd or per local
machine; can be circumvented by linking or mounting paths into a
single directory
- otherwise pretty nice gui and an interesting client/server approach

- Musique (available in KDE:Extra)

- supports only one directory containing music
- very simple approach, very few features

- Yarock (available in KDE:Extra)

- yet to be tested

- Clementine

- supports multiple directories containing music
- feature rich gui

In approx. 2 weeks, we'll see what should be done with Amarok.

Guess, I can live with either Cantata or even better Clementine, but I
still better like Amarok - especially for its eye candy :)

Thanks.

Bye.
Michael.
--