Re: [opensuse-factory] Naming policy for containers inside the distro
  • From: Aleksa Sarai <asarai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 17:00:11 +1000
On 2019-04-12, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recognise that will work comfortably with the default registry of
that other container runtime also ;)

I think that "podman pull tumbleweed" would be totally fine -- this
would be "docker pull registry.opensuse.org/tumbleweed".

This actually makes more sense if you have the full registry name -- see
my other mail for my concerns about having registry.opensuse.org/ as a
default. But ultimately having it as a default isn't the end of the
world (though I don't really agree it's as much of an improvement as you
might think).

Fair view, but thinking as a 'lazy user', it sure is a lot of finger
work typing "registry.opensuse.org" all the darn time

Any suggestions for a nice snazzy short URL like Google have with gcr.io?

Does anyone own su.se? Or opensu.se?

--
Aleksa Sarai
Senior Software Engineer (Containers)