Re: [opensuse-factory] Naming policy for containers inside the distro
On Thu, Apr 11, Aleksa Sarai wrote:

tumbleweed -> base container
tumbleweed/apache -> derived container

is actually possible to do with stock Docker Distribution -- because the
"tumbleweed/" somewhat acts as a directory and I'm not sure if you can
publish an image with the same name as a repo.

Alpine is doing that on docker hub as far as I could see, but I also
would not do that to get people not confused.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany