Re: [opensuse-factory] Naming policy for containers inside the distro
  • From: Aleksa Sarai <asarai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 18:35:19 +1000
On 2019-04-11, Aleksa Sarai <asarai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
We can everything prefix with "opensuse" for the case, that somebody uses
registry.opensuse.org as default. But I don't see this necessary, as in this
case, images from docker hub, the normally standard registry, would get a
docker hub prefix.

Docker doesn't support changing the default registry, so you will always
see registry.opensuse.org/ anyway. I also think the "opensuse/" is quite
redundant since it's our own registry.

Though, there is an argument that if we want to publish home-project
containers on the same registry we should have an official namespace
(like we do with openSUSE:... on the OBS side of things).

--
Aleksa Sarai
Senior Software Engineer (Containers)