Re: [opensuse-factory] Huge single-core performance loss with spectre v2 mitigation enabled (it's the default)
On 10. 04. 19, 11:58, Michael Pujos wrote:
In my opinion, that 20% performace loss in single-core by default
(apparently caused by IBRS) is unacceptable.
I did not buy a powerful laptop to see its performance reduced so much.

You should complain to Intel that you threw your money out of window,
not to us.

And it will make TW look bad in benchmarks. SOmething should be done
about it.

So spectre_v2=retpoline,generic makes the benchmarks comparable?

thanks,
--
js
suse labs