Re: [opensuse-factory] bash syntax and /bin/sh
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't want to bring up the discussion if /bin/sh is bash or not
again, but: we have now a tumbleweed busybox base container.
And of course, /bin/sh is not bash, but busybox.
And of course, from the first 30 packages we tried to use to build
derived containers, 3 packages failed in %pre/%post.

Please make sure: if you use #!/bin/sh, don't use bash syntax. Or use
#!/bin/bash as shell.

The interesting thing here is that some Linux distros believe that installing a
"less enhanced" shell as /bin/sh helps to detect non-compliant shell scripts
that claim to depend on a "generic" shell.

BTW: compliant shell scripts are those scripts that do not use features not in
POSIX and that do not depend on undefined behavior.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
joerg.schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/