Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox shared directories no longer work on TW guest since the last (20190403) update
On 4/9/19 1:13 PM, James PEARSON wrote:
Hello all

Ever since I updated my TW guest installation to TW version 20190403 last week
I am no longer able to access my guest directories on a Leap 15.0 (and a now a
Leap 15.1) host

Reason : IMO is because the vboxsf.ko module did not compile. This might be due
to the fact the directory where the Virtualbox ko modules are stored has moved
lately on the new 5.0.5-1 kernel from :
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra # where shared directories pointing to a Leap
host system work OK
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc # where shared directories pointing to a Leap host
system do not work OK

The following is from TW version 20190403 (i.e. virtualbox shared directories
are KO)
TW:/lib/modules/5.0.5-1-default/misc # ls -l

As was mentioned earlier in this list, there were no VirtualBox modules for kernel 5.0.5. That condition was due to errors in the VB build. Those problems have now been fixed, and the new source has been submitted to Tumbleweed and Leap 15.1, Once the new version propagates through the system, the requisite kernel modules will be available.

Note that the problem is not due to the changing of any directories - it qwas due to failed attempts to make the VB source be compatible with QT 5.13.

Larry