Re: [opensuse-factory] A mystery about patterns
  • From: Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 12:32:29 +0200
On Friday, April 5, 2019 12:12:20 PM CEST Fabian Vogt wrote:
Hi,

Am Freitag, 5. April 2019, 12:02:33 CEST schrieb Alberto Planas Dominguez:
Hi,

I am not very knowledge about the inner details how patterns works in
relation with the metadata information of a repository.

I found a problem, there are some patterns that are not in the repodata
information [1], are not searchable via zypper se, but I am able to
install
them.

That's because patterns-caasp is simply broken.
It's not supported to have a package provide more than one pattern(), but
it does exactly that:

Provides: pattern() = SUSE%2dMicroOS%2ddefaults
Provides: pattern() = basesystem

The resulting behaviour is simply undefined.

Actually I was suspecting something like that : (

But later I found that SUSE-MicroOS also provides two patterns, in the same
order too. I see that this is the thing with UB.

Thanks!

--
SUSE Linux GmbH
Maxfeldstrasse 5

GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah
HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)