Re: [opensuse-factory] Announcing the plans for openSUSE Gaming distribution
On Tuesday 2019-04-02 08:53, Bernhard Voelker wrote:

On 4/1/19 3:17 AM, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
[...]
we should have versions of packages, which avoid any sort of security if it>
impacts performance. All the security flags in GCC, gone, all the fixes
to Spectre and Meltdown cause major drop in performance, there is no point
to keep them for this new distribution.

Hope you like it!

lol +1
nice message for that date - but I saw it one day late. ;-)

With all the fake news in the world already, April 1 is no longer
special. Even without the fake news problem, crazy people^W^W people
with ambitions have, in various industries, had good outcomes sometimes.

Making a (gaming) distro that turns various knobs just to appear at the
top of the Phoronix testsuite has a major benefit: to expose ever more
clearly the flaws of PTS that has been commented upon by others in the
past.