[opensuse-factory] openSUSE reproducible builds status 2019-03
Hi,

last month's status:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2019-02/msg00599.html

Last months' reproducible builds project updates (including my work):
https://reproducible-builds.org/blog/posts/200/
https://reproducible-builds.org/blog/posts/201/
https://reproducible-builds.org/blog/posts/202/
https://reproducible-builds.org/blog/posts/203/

I started
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bmwiedemann/reproducibleopensuse/devel/howtodebug
as a preparation for my openSUSE conference session.

I uploaded https://rb.zq1.de/compare.factory-20190326/ today
and rbstats are:
total-packages: 11547
build-tried: 11546
build-failed: 79
build-n-a: 107
build-succeeded: 11360
build-official-failed+na: 175

build-compare-failed: 289
build-compare-succeeded: 11071

verified-semi-reproducible: 9396
verified-bit-identical: 0

bit-by-bit-identical: 10777
not-bit-by-bit-identical: 579

The new "verified" lines are about comparison of the official build
results with what I got through my local "nachbau" build.
Official builds do not normalize mtimes, so no bit-identical
reproduction is possible there.
The number is a bit higher now, because old 2018 results have been
re-checked.
Need to build with the proper old binaries to get even better results.

Of the badly unreproducible packages,
5 were in ring0
47 were in ring1

That makes it 52/2811 => 1.85 %
which is below the overall average of
289/11535 => 2.51 %

Fixed core packages since last month:
pcp
via https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/682435

Nearly fixed core packages since last month:
libqt5-qtquickcontrols
qt-5.12.3 will have the fix
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74532

Newly unreproducible core (DVD) packages:
libqt5-qtscript
from filesystem order via Qt's
rcc -name context2d context2d.qrc -o .rcc/qrc_context2d.cpp

many python modules
because https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/8057
was dropped from our python3 package
this is very annoying and steals focus from other issues.

Ciao
Bernhard M.

  • No further messages