Re: [opensuse-factory] nomodeset blocks KMS & Intel DDX
On 3/18/19 6:55 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

xf86-video-intel is from a recent git snapshot thus cannot be called
antique (IMHO).
Apparently you didn't read the link I provided that explains.

[quote]There is no Intel-specific driver provided primarily for non-ancient
Intel
gfx. Intel pays its Linux driver developers to put most of their effort into the
FOSS modesetting DDX driver. The xf86-video-intel DDX is in maintenance mode,
having had no official release since 2015.[/quote]

Maybe something is escaping me but that's a lot of commit for a dead driver:

https://github.com/freedesktop/xorg-xf86-video-intel/commits/master

I use this driver without problem on my 2018 laptop using the Intel UHD 630.
The only thing I had to do is to add "Option" "DRI" "3" to fix some issues with the compositor (it uses DRI2 by default).