Re: [opensuse-factory] Don't upgrade to a 5.0.x Kernel with a Dell Precision 5530
Hi Larry,

thanks for the tip, appending nomodeset did indeed work. Now I have a tty again!

X is currently not starting, due to this error:
[ 473.385] intel: waited 2020 ms for i915.ko driver to load

which I suspect is due to the nomodeset parameter.

Is there somewhere an up to date guide for building a custom kernel? I have the
linux kernel sources checked out and could try to bisect the issue.

Cheers,

Dan

Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/18/19 3:25 PM >>>