Jan Engelhardt schrieb:

On Thursday 2019-03-14 08:13, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

If we wanted to make it possible to replace /bin/sh without actually
encouraging doing so in the distro I think it would be easier to have
/bin/sh in a separate subpackage.

Which is exactly what I've said elsewhere;
comment 903827 within submit request 680550.

Ah I think there is a misunderstanding. The matter probably mixes the
unfinished usr move with the /bin/sh alternatives topic.

Assuming the usr move is done we are talking about alternatives to
/usr/bin/sh. So bash would have to contain /usr/bin/bash and a
subpackage of bash the link /usr/bin/sh -> bash.

What to do with /bin/{ba,}sh would be a topic for the usr move.
Following the current way other packages do it they'd have to
statically point to their counterpart in /usr then and be packaged
in the same package as the /usr version (see also boo#1029961).

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel