  • From: "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 11:26:51 +0100
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:49:37AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
"Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I vote for configure the system Bourne SHell on the command line.
As an example I provide the new package posh (Policy-compliant Ordinary
SHell)
in the project shells. With this the System Administrator has to do

If you start with this decision, you will fail with a high probability
because posh
is known to be full of bugs. There are better alternatives for an introducing
test.

Which software is free of bugs ... OK, the final TeX/Web from Donald E. Knuth.
The only known I see is the the well defined bugs of the posh:

Legitimate bugs
are inconsistencies between manpage and behavior, and inconsistencies
between behavior and Debian policy (currently SUSv3 compliance with the
following exceptions: echo -n, binary -a and -o to test, local
scoping).

which is OK IMHO :)

For a test the build system and the bells and whistles therein the posh
is simply perfect (IMHO).

Werner