On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 18:43 +0100, Michal Suchánek wrote:
You can specify it via the %__spec_build_cmd macro. For instance, you could
add a

%define __spec_build_cmd /bin/bash -e

Yes, that's helpful.

If we get these alternatives I will add it to the compatibility cruft
block together with the %license handling.

And I'm sure the review team will decline them if there is no proper
reason to do this - if you don't have at least *some* complexity in the
build section.

The vast majoriti of packages uses "configure, make, makeinstall",
"%cmake, %cmake_build,, %cmake_install"…

The review team will be ok if you switch the interpreter from to
explicit bash IFF there is need for. But please, don't just add this
prophilactic to any spec file just because you oppose something.

Just saying - Having a way out is good, opposing it for the sake of
opposing it is unfriendly in a community.

Cheers,
Dominique

PS: the official way of building packages for openSUSE and SLE will
stay with osc build and OBS - And of course, should anybody ever have
the idea of switching the defaulit shell in this setup, you can be sure
that this won't happen without a staging pass.
< Previous Next >