On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 13:53 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Would I recommend anyone to switch /bin/sh? Hell, no! I personally
would even go as
far and block every alternative in the distribution - but with bash
blocking /bin/sh
there is not even a way for experiments without breaking your system
integrity.

I'd find this acceptable if reviewers *vow* not to let another shell
providing a "/bin/sh" alternative enter the official factory repo for
some time to come (a year, say).

That would open up the possibility for adventurous people to experiment
with other shells in their projects, without overriding factory's bash
package. Then, if someone can prove that their project is doing well
and perhaps even build times are reduced because of the faster speed of
their alternative shell, we could re-evaluate the whole thing.

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton