Re: [opensuse-factory] Non-functional Steam in Tumbleweed
  • From: Ondrej Holecek <aaannz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 14:55:09 +0100

If nobody steps up, I'm afreaid we'll have to drop Steam from the
repos. Which, for one, sounds like a shame. On the other hand, seems
nobody in the userbase realized in the last two months that steam was
not working?!? So it might not even be that big of an issue if we drop
it.
Hi,

last time I checked and it still seems to be the case steam crashes in
swrast_dri, so I suspect it being problem in Mesa/DRI or software rendering
usage and not in steam.
In real world usage steam works perfectly fine (at least with AMDGPU drivers I
use at home).

It would be shame to drop it from repos due to nonfunctioning openQA test since
openQA does not tests AMD and NVIDIA drivers anyway.

Ondrej

Cheers
Dominique

< Previous Next >