Re: [opensuse-factory] Non-functional Steam in Tumbleweed
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 14:52:58 +0100
On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 at 14:29, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Community,

Since January, openQA has been reporting on steam crashing on startup.
A bug had beenfiled for the maintainer, but since then, no reaction has
happened.

So, as the designated maintainer seems to have other tasks at hand, I'm
sure he'd welcome if somebody else from the community could jump in and
help out.

If nobody steps up, I'm afreaid we'll have to drop Steam from the
repos. Which, for one, sounds like a shame. On the other hand, seems
nobody in the userbase realized in the last two months that steam was
not working?!? So it might not even be that big of an issue if we drop
it.

Steam is working for me on all of my Tumbleweed machines... I last
used it yesterday, as the first thing after my zypper dup and reboot..