Re: [opensuse-factory] Policy around desktop files for command line applications
On 13/02/2019 14.02, Simon Lees wrote:

On 13/02/2019 21:48, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Wednesday 2019-02-13 11:48, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

Boot the installation DVD, and ask for the rescue system. What editor do
you see there?
joe

Why not nano?

Why not pico?

If it comes down to bikeshedding, the discussion will go nowhere.

Well nano is a pretty reasonable suggestion, its still small, has
reasonable dependencies, its not hard to use for a command line text
editor and one would probably say its more common then joe so if we were
making that decision again for the rescue system going for nano instead
might make sense. In fact it was such a reasonable request that while
writing this email I created submit requests to add nano to the rescue
system on tumbleweed and leap 15.1

But joe also emulates pico, if you just call "jpico somefile". Thus
having joe installed can make happy more users than just pico.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)