Re: [opensuse-factory] zypper dup disk space requirement
08.02.2019 3:43, Bernhard Voelker пишет:
On 2/7/19 6:51 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
07.02.2019 17:39, Bernhard Voelker пишет:

I disagree: as already stated, BTRFS does not expose the right (or useful?)
numbers to the statfs(2) system call

Show kernel code where it does it and explain why the value it
calculates is not right. This also presumes you know how to calculate it
right - did you submit your patch to fix it?

It has been mentioned repeatedly that a user should run 'btrfs filesystem
usage /'
to get the "correct" numbers (whatever they are), and: "df spit out useless
nonsense".

So you do not actually know anything about it, you just repeat what
others say.

I wouldn't go that far: I don't think the numbers df(1) gets from statfs(2)
are
totally wrong, but it is obviously not transparent for the user how to
interpret
them in the context of a BTRFS file system, and incidentally such confusions
mostly
happen in critical situations near ENOSPC.

I don't want to (and don't have time to) fix anything in the kernel -
especially
wrt/ btrfs - , but I'd be willing to discuss with the other coreutils
maintainers
to add some snippet to the df documentation or on the FAQ page how a user
could interpret BTRFS numbers.

This discussion is about estimating free space on root filesystem. None
of other "BTRFS numbers" will give you anything that plain "df" does not
already.

Those "BTRFS numbers" may help to answer the question "where did my
space go" but that is not the point of this thread.

What do these numbers actually tell for BTRFS / and what not?
Or should it just link to

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/FAQ#Why_is_free_space_so_complicated.3F
?

Show me how to create filesystem with different per-subvolume profiles
using SUSE installer (or manually for that matter).