Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Move of resolv.conf to /run not fully implemented or buggy.
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 04, Andreas Schwab wrote:

On Feb 04 2019, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

on all of my machines netconfig is now creating
/run/netconfig/resolv.conf, and the file starts with:

### /etc/resolv.conf is a symlink to /var/run/netconfig/resolv.conf
### autogenerated by netconfig!

Needless to say, that on none of my openSUSE installations
/etc/resolv.conf is a symlink. As result, no nameservers ...

run netconfig update -f to fix that.

The update case needs to be handled correct by netconfig.
Letting all openSUSE users out there fix this manually will not scale.
Especially, as the message to run "netconfig update -f" seems to be
only printed if you run it from a console, but not else. At least I
cannot find it in any log file.

additionally we now get:

avahi-daemon[1492]: Failed to open /etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory

because avahi-daemon starts before the symlink points to an existing file.

Thorsten

Bye.
Michael.
--