Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Move of resolv.conf to /run not fully implemented or buggy.
On Mon, Feb 04, Andreas Schwab wrote:

On Feb 04 2019, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On lundi, 4 février 2019 14.12:45 h CET Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Feb 04 2019, Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That does regenerated /etc/resolv.conf, but not replace it by a symlink

Worksforme. Are you sure your system is up-to-date?

Andreas.

I'm so happy to have drop netconfig and moved my config to systemd-resolve

ll /etc/resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 Dec 1 16:33 /etc/resolv.conf -> /run/systemd/
resolve/resolv.conf

Working nicely with networkmanager and all vpn and foreign network I visit.

Does it work with NIS and NTP?

No, systemd-resolved is for hostname resolutions what nscd is for
passwd/group.

https://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Systemd/systemd-resolved

It is not a replacement of netconfig, it only replaces one functionality
of netconfig, if you either configures it static or use systemd-networkd.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS