Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190201 released!
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 17:21:54 +0100
On dimanche, 3 février 2019 16.12:07 h CET Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 03.02.19 um 14:00 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&versi
on=Tumbleweed&build=20190201
Please really do this time :)

This snapshot is exceptional in 3 aspects:

- it updates python from 3.6 to 3.7 and bash from 4.4 to 5.0
and both changes were far from painless
- we did a full rebuild of all packages (the last complete one
was in summer 2018)
- this is the first time since about 4 years that I was holding
the hand of the release process while the release managers
normally doing it are offline for various reasons.

So take extra care, it was done by amateurs :)

Greetings, Stephan

Strangely I wouldn't expect trouble with this one

Problem: spec-cleaner-1.1.2-140.2.noarch requires python(abi) = 3.6, but this
requirement cannot be provided

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch