Re: [opensuse-factory] dozens of unwanted packages !
Il 02/02/19 13:02, H.Merijn Brand ha scritto:

Out of genuine curiosity, do you have a list somewhere the shows
"modern" or "better" alternatives to to each of these (outdated)
X11 tools per DE?

Daniele.

Kmag and the Xkill alternative are installed by default with Plasma.
Same for monitoring (Xload) and probably for Xcalc (not sure if Kcalc is installed by default..)
Xedit.. plenty of editor

Then we have few low level utilities like Xev, needed only in special case.

Icewm is installed by default so why twm ?

Almost all in my list is not needed, barely used and with some alternatives already installed. There is no reason to install them as recommended, really.

Daniele.