Re: [opensuse-factory][PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
On 01/02/2019 20.40, Felix Miata wrote:

I'm not expecting anything to change on account of what I say, mainly trying
to get some sense of
the real world potential risk without first having to become a competent
programmer. This seems
like just another case of expending resources to fix what ain't broke instead
of what is known
broke, or the government standard attacking symptoms instead of disease.

I explained in another post how the danger is real and can be exploited.

It is not known for sure if there is a exploit in any of those
filesystems (if that was known for sure it might be closed, but it is
very possible, because it is known they have bugs that are not attended
to). But if the vulnerability exists, then it is usable by anyone on
millions of computers that do not have any reason at all to use any of
those rare filesystems, by a plain user with access to the machine.

That is the risk. Quite real.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.