Re: [opensuse-factory] dozens of unwanted packages !
Il 02/02/19 01:31, Karl Cheng ha scritto:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 at 11:12, Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please, stop adding craps like xeyes, xload & company.
Who do I have to kill? Package/pattern I mean ;)

qantas94heavy@linux-abc3:~> zypper se --recommends xload
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
--+----------+---------------------------------------------------------+--------
| xorg-x11 | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org sample applications |
package

Oh thanks. Next question is who requires/recommends xorg-x11 ?

# zypper se --recommends xorg-x11
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
---+----------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------+--------
i+ | mkfontdir | Utility to create index of X font files | package
i+ | mkfontscale | Utility to create index of scalable font files for X | package
i+ | patterns-base-x11 | X Window System | package
| patterns-base-x11-32bit | X Window System | package
l | patterns-base-x11_enhanced | X Window System | package
| patterns-base-x11_enhanced-32bit | X Window System | package
| patterns-base-x11_opt | X Window System | package
i+ | patterns-fonts-fonts | Fonts | package
i+ | patterns-fonts-fonts_opt | Fonts | package
| patterns-lxde-lxde | LXDE Desktop Environment | package
| patterns-lxqt-lxqt | LXQt Desktop Environment | package
| patterns-media-rest_dvd | Remaining Software | package
| patterns-server-kvm_tools | KVM Virtualization Host and tools | package
| patterns-server-xen_tools | XEN Virtualization Host and tools | package
| python2-PyVirtualDisplay | Python wrapper for Xvfb, Xephyr and Xvnc | package
| python2-pytest-xvfb | Pytest plugin to run Xvfb for tests | package
| python3-PyVirtualDisplay | Python wrapper for Xvfb, Xephyr and Xvnc | package
| python3-pytest-xvfb | Pytest plugin to run Xvfb for tests | package
| sway | Window manager for Wayland compatible with i3 | package
| xorg-x11-Xvnc | TigerVNC implementation of Xvnc | package
i+ | xorg-x11-server | X | package
| xorg-x11-server-extra | Additional Xservers (Xdmx, Xephyr, Xnest) | package
i+ | xorg-x11-server-wayland | Xwayland Xserver | package

Is this list correct ?
It seems that, for example, patterns-fonts-fonts does not require xorg-x11. Also all already installed packages and patterns are installed for a long time. So, why it happens now ?

Thanks,
Daniele.