On 1/31/19 4:38 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 31/01/2019 22.26, Michael Ströder wrote:
On 1/31/19 10:05 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I'm not saying to keep the drivers. Did I? I only say that the users
that need one of those filesystems in the future will be surprised and
not know what to do.

But users will also be "suprised" when putting in a rogue USB stick
which hits a security bug in an unmaintained file system driver.

True.

It's just a matter of weighing one against the other.

Personally I have a strong preference to mitigate attack vectors.

I agree.

I only wonder if there is something that could be done to tell users
what is happening at the moment it happens to them.

When they're attacked or when the module fails to load?

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs