[opensuse-factory] Re: [PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 20:50:08 -0000 (UTC)
See Jeff's answer, Carlos. I'm not the one making the change.

But I'd also be inclined to RTFM for information like that, too. If I
need a filesystem that isn't installed, my approach would be to look to
see if it was included in the kernel package (which it sounds like it
would be), and then to look at why it isn't auto-loading.

That seems like common sense to me.

What doesn't seem like common sense to me is to load it on millions of
installations where it isn't needed because a hundred (thousand, whatever
small percentage use OS/2 in dual-boot configs with openSUSE) can't be
bothered to uncomment a line in a blacklist file.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson