On 1/31/19 1:46 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:42:14 -0500, Jim E Bonfiglio wrote:

Hi Jim- so far as I'm aware, thinking does not necessarily match
reality.
I couldn't tell you how many attend that conference, but I do wonder
what a representative sample of (open)SUSE users would report as
"necessary" file systems. Without such a sample this proposed change
appears quite reckless.

Well, like I said, I don't have a horse in this race. It seems to me
like a sensible move, with an easy solution for those who really need
these filesystems.

Our goal is to make it as easy as possible. I believe the combination
of one-blacklist-per-file and automatic culling of the blacklist at
package install/update time based on the content of /proc/filesystems
(or fstab) will be a good way to do that.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs