Re: [opensuse-factory][PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 09:48:04 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2019, 19:16:32 CET schrieb Felix Miata:
Michael Ströder composed on 2019-01-30 12:04 (UTC-0500):

[...]

I'd guess the majority of non-corporate continuing OS/2 users are also Linux
multibooters, so it's not so rare. OS/2 and its successor incarnations
offer things no other OS or DE has attempted. It's a significant userbase,
both corporate and non-corporate. If it wasn't, eComStation wouldn't have
existed, and https://www.arcanoae.com/ wouldn't exist today.

Sounds like 'The return of the Walking Dead'
I dropped OS/2 20 years ago, most companies I know of - mostly banks - have
kicked it either. So its market share should be around
<estimate> 0,001% </estimate>

I can't do with Linux what I am doing almost constantly with OS/2. I have to
have both, and interop between them is already plenty bad compared with
Linux to Windows and Mac.

I don't know what this very special tasks are, but with regard to openSUSE it
is not something we should consider as focus. If it is really needed, one can
take it from a blacklist or add it to a whitelist. Should not be too much of
an effort.

My 2c
Axel