Re: [opensuse-factory][PLEASE SPEAK UP] Disabling legacy file systems by default?
Michael Ströder composed on 2019-01-30 12:04 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

As an OS/2 user, HPFS support was something that attracted me to SuSE
many moons ago. > [..]
Please don't add the annoyance that blacklisting HPFS would become.

Is commenting out HPFS from the black-list file really such a big
annoyance for you? Especially since running OS/2 as multi-boot is a
really rare use-case today.

I'm not speaking only for myself. If it was only one or two PCs, or people who
even know what
blacklisting is, it might not be a lot of trouble, but I don't see that as the
case.

Personally I'd prefer to protect the majority of users by blacklisting
unmaintained kernel drivers.

I'd guess the majority of non-corporate continuing OS/2 users are also Linux
multibooters, so it's
not so rare. OS/2 and its successor incarnations offer things no other OS or DE
has attempted. It's
a significant userbase, both corporate and non-corporate. If it wasn't,
eComStation wouldn't have
existed, and https://www.arcanoae.com/ wouldn't exist today.

I can't do with Linux what I am doing almost constantly with OS/2. I have to
have both, and interop
between them is already plenty bad compared with Linux to Windows and Mac.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/