[opensuse-factory] Major changes in Factory
Dear Hackers, packagers, bug-reporters and -fix-providers,

As we managed to get a grip on the performance for building snapshots
again, it was about time to get some large updates merged. In the last
days, I thus merged:

* python 3.7
* Bash 5.0
* Readline (changes library name from libreadline.so.7 to ….so.8)

This is all quite deep nested, bash/ibreadline are part of every single
worker-VM being built up - and it is thus taking a while for everything
to settle again.

Looking at python 3.7, we had the ring packages all taken care of, but
as is usual, non-ring packages are not pro-actively monitored and can
break (and in case of python 3.7 did break: in many cases it's as
simple as configure not looking for a python version > 3.6)

If you're a package maintainer and you know your package makes use of
python 3 in one way or the other, please have a look at your package in
openSUSE:Factory - and if it currently fails to build, try to provide a
fix for it at your earliet convenience. And if you're not maintainer
yourself? This can be a good opportunity to step up and fix some build
failures.

Once the build is settled, I hope for this to move over to openQA,
where we hopefully do not find a massive amount of new issues over what
Staging already brought to light.

The next major update is already staged as well and will most likley be
glibc 2.28

Cheers
Dominique
  • No further messages