Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
  • From: Rainer Hantsch <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 13:53:13 +0100
Am Samstag, 19. Jan 2019, 13:32:44 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:33 PM Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
As it is not observed using other terminals (xterm, linux console) it
looks more like konsole specific issue.

Indeed.

That's why I suggested to try xterm as workaround too.

And it's a very old version as well... (both konsole and openSUSE, 13.2 is
out of support since two years now already)

I can't stop laughing. Ever heared of STANDARDS to be kept?

I can tell you (and confirm) that everything works perfectly in this point up
to and *including* Leap 42.3.

Or maybe it's related to TERM=linux and e.g. TERM=konsole or
TERM=xterm-color would work better? I'm not sure if that can play a role
here though.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

I have no idea what was changed here.

I guess someone set himself a new monument and changed something in Yast in
Leap 15. The list of _reasonless_ changes from 42.3 -> 15.0 fills meanwhile 2
pages. Changes over changes, often causing difficulties. Leap 15 is really
running fast and well (when you get it installed and running), but I can only
shake my head about several changes.4

Cheers.