Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
On 18/01/2019 18.13, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
Am Freitag, 18. Jan 2019, 16:24:46 schrieb Joachim Wagner:

Now I do a ssh to my friend's server (also acting as firewall):
openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)

idefix:~ # locale
LANG=de_DE@euro
LC_CTYPE="de_DE@euro"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE@euro"
LC_TIME="de_DE@euro"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE@euro"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE@euro"
LC_PAPER="de_DE@euro"
LC_NAME="de_DE@euro"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE@euro"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE@euro"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE@euro"
LC_ALL=

The machine is actually configured to locally use UTF-8, but I login from my
iso-8859-1 machine, therefore I see here (again) thew same locale settings.

You can tell your ssh to use the remote locale instead of yours.

I think it is this:

/etc/ssh/ssh_config

#CER - remove to pass the locale
# This enables sending locale enviroment variables LC_* LANG, see ssh_config(5).
# SendEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES
# SendEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT
# SendEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.