Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
  • From: Joachim Wagner <jwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:09:38 +0000
you are talking of 42.x,? The problem exists since UTF8 came out.

It was less than 3 years ago, probably less than 2.

Considering that you report this problem for when you switch the encoding and
I didn't switch it, I suspect that I got the problem when I chose "Server"
instead of "Desktop with KDE" in the installer and that the "Server" profile
doesn't set an UTF-8 locale (which is reasonable for a server). (Reading
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Plain_Text_versus_Locale Johannes pointed to in
the other thread, it probably is set to "POSIX".)

Joachim