Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast (and some console programs) not correctly displaying
  • From: Joachim Wagner <jwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:43:13 +0000
[yast] This should be fixed

So should your local encoding.
But we already know *that's* not going to happen..

I've seen yast with the block-drawing characters replaced by two other
characters (with at least one non-ASCII character) on occasions and did not
change the encoding. This wasn't even remote but on the console. It always was
when I had no time to investigate and/or file a bug report.

If I remember right, navigation didn't work, or at least it was not possible
to see what menu entry is highlighted. My workaround was to only switch the
system target from "graphical interface" to "multi-user system" after running
online updates. I don't remember whether this was in 42.2, 42.3 or 15.0.

Joachim