[opensuse-factory] Upcoming PulseAudio change
Hi,

this is an announce (or precaution) mail for the upcoming change of
PulseAudio package. Currently on openSUSE, PulseAudio is invoked with
its autospawn mechanism. This has been no longer recommended in the
usptream, since it's ugly and dangerous per its nature. A new way is
to use systemd user socket, and I've been preparing the change for our
packages. Finally it reached the launch stage now.

The only and biggest change by this update is that you'll be able to
actually kill the PA process. PA will be started automatically again
when you start some audio program, via systemd user socket.

Note that, with pulseaudio package update, you'll likely need to
re-login the currently running session to take the setup change
effective. But, it turned out that some DEs (e.g. Xfce) leave the
session even after logout, which prevents switching the invocation
mechanism (bsc#1122206). In that case, you'd need to close the zombie
session seats manually. In doubt, you can reboot :)

My current plan is to submit the pulseaudio update in this week. The
package is found currently in OBS multimedia:libs.

thanks,

Takashi