Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE reproducible builds status 2018-12
On 12/28/18 2:19 PM, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
virtualbox
tar + random
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16854
.so files have random NT_GNU_BUILD_ID (unique build ID bitstring)
maybe from out/linux.amd64/release/obj/webservice/gsoapH_from_gsoap.h
that has date+time in comment
/usr/share/virtualbox/extensions/VNC-5.2.16.vbox-extpack
unhandled gzip content: POSIX tar archive (GNU)
-13343137165.010505. 5...
+16773576625.010527. 5...

Bernhard,

Sorry that I missed your VB ticket. I have modified the openSUSE patches to the VB sources to implement your patches regarding the gzip content. In addition, I have removed all explicit references to __DATE__ and __TIME__, set NT_GNU_BUILD_ID to be fixed at 3, and changed a symbol in the Makefile for webservice that forced a rebuild.

These modified routines will be available whenever VB 6.0.2 hits Factory. I still have an unsolved build problem in 6.0.0, plus I never push a .0 version upstream. I hope they make the build be reproducible.

Larry