Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: New package: named-ad-blocker
  • From: Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 19:12:50 +0100
Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2018, 18:24:47 CET schrieb Malcolm:
On Sun 30 Dec 2018 10:58:10 AM CST, Archie Cobbs wrote:
Hello factory,

I'd like to propose adding named-ad-blocker to the server:dns

development project:
named-ad-blocker configures named(8) to block DNS requests for

ad-serving websites.

After installation, named(8) will respond with "unknown domain" to

any request

for a domain on a configurable list of domains that are known to

primarily serve

website advertisements. By configuring named(8) as the DNS server

for you network,

you can enjoy a more ad-free web browsing experience.

named-ad-blocker relies on the response policy zone support in

named(8).

The list of domain names to block is automatically updated

regularly on a weekly

basis, or at any time

via /usr/lib/named-ad-blocker/named-ad-blocker-update.

The URL for the blacklist is configured in /etc/sysconfig/named.

I'm happy to play the role of maintainer for this package (I'm also
the original author).

Here's the package currently in my home project:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:archie172/named-ad-blocker

-Archie

Hi
A couple of observations, I think you will need to show it building
against factory and other current releases. Consider a systemd timer
rather than cron. Also for comments with %, add an extra one
so rpm treats as a real comment and not a macro.

plus, run "osc metafromspec" in your working copy.

Cheers
MH

--
Mathias Homann
Senior Systems Engineer, IT Consultant. IT Trainer