[opensuse-factory] Re: New package: named-ad-blocker
On Sun 30 Dec 2018 10:58:10 AM CST, Archie Cobbs wrote:

Hello factory,

I'd like to propose adding named-ad-blocker to the server:dns
development project:

named-ad-blocker configures named(8) to block DNS requests for
ad-serving websites.

After installation, named(8) will respond with "unknown domain" to
any request
for a domain on a configurable list of domains that are known to
primarily serve
website advertisements. By configuring named(8) as the DNS server
for you network,
you can enjoy a more ad-free web browsing experience.

named-ad-blocker relies on the response policy zone support in
named(8).

The list of domain names to block is automatically updated
regularly on a weekly
basis, or at any time
via /usr/lib/named-ad-blocker/named-ad-blocker-update.

The URL for the blacklist is configured in /etc/sysconfig/named.

I'm happy to play the role of maintainer for this package (I'm also
the original author).

Here's the package currently in my home project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:archie172/named-ad-blocker

-Archie

Hi
A couple of observations, I think you will need to show it building
against factory and other current releases. Consider a systemd timer
rather than cron. Also for comments with %, add an extra one
so rpm treats as a real comment and not a macro.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.25-default