Re: [opensuse-factory] Sound static
In data sabato 15 dicembre 2018 12:51:59 CET, Ianseeks ha scritto:
Hi

Does anyone else get static on sound when trying to watch something on
Youtube and running kmail/kontact at the same time? It happens with
Chromium/vivaldi. It can be inconsistent as to it happening but it does
happen more times than not.

regards

Ian
I would claim this is a problem of pulseaudio.
I had:
with vlc = intense and unpleasant whistling sound for 15 minutes, until
shutting down all browsers and a vlc instance, leaving only a muted kaffeine,
registering from satellite. Also unexpected unmuting, muting with no sound
everywhere for apparently no reason. Restarting pulseaudio helped.
sound alteration during reproduction of youtube videos from FF, Chromium.
I find Opera to be very reliable on TW, you should give it a try when it comes
to video. My experiences of Vivaldi are more negative than positive.