Re: [opensuse-factory] Workflow for containers and other images in Tumbleweed and Leap 15.1+
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2018, 17:12:05 CET schrieb moozaad@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
On 13/12/2018 14:15, Fabian Vogt wrote:
Make sure that you use only "obsrepositories:/" in kiwi files.

Sorry for the ignorance but I couldn't find the info in the docs. Why
exclusively that URI?

To ensure that it always and exclusively uses the packages the project
enforces. In a TW staging project, it needs to build against
openSUSE:Factory:Staging:X, while in Factory it's openSUSE:Factory.
For container images there's even another step: openSUSE:Containers:Tumbleweed
for the successfully tested and released containers.

In the OBS image editor UI it's visible as a "Use project repositories"
checkbox.

Slightly irrelevant but has there been any consideration on openstack
image "cloud uploads" for obs? I saw SUSE doing a big marketing push for
openstack, seems like golden feature for obs.

It looks like it's enabled for both Azure and EC2 on build.o.o. I don't know
anything about that though.

Cheers,
Fabian

Regards