Re: [opensuse-factory] New xfce look coming to Tumbleweed
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, 16:48:18 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
[...]
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, 01:36:12 +0100, Maurizio Galli (MauG) wrote:
Hello!

I'd like to share with you all that xfce will have a new default look soon
in Tumbleweed, for new installations. Here below is a recap of the changes:

* GTK theme: Mint-Y-Darker-Teal (modern look that uses teal as highlight,
matching openSUSE color schemes)
* xfwm4 theme: Mint-Y-Dark-Teal
* icon theme:  elementary-xfce (inspired by Tango and Elementary)
* Font: Noto Sans  has a wide support for different languages, including
Asian languages and emojis making it a good default.
* Font: Hack is cool and one of the most complete monospace fonts around
* Font: Hint Slight is usually considered a better default for hinting
* Font: Added "rgb" value, recommended setting for LCD screens (if font
looks like a "rainbow" you need to enable lcd filter in Yast > Font module)

Please note that these changes will only affect new installations of TW with
xfce and only if xfce4-branding-openSUSE sub-packages are installed.
Existing users should not be affected by this.
[...]
Instead I got a new xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin and battery status which
I definitely did not have before (and never needed them).

FWIW, the hp-systray application captured by the new
statusnotifier-plugin doesn't work anymore. One click is handled, but
any further click in the notifier menu is not passed on to the
hp-systray app anymore.

Question remains: how do we deal with packages developed in some ABC:xyz
project?

Cheers.

l8er
manfred