[opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 15.1 in the works
Hi,

As most of you already noticed Leap 15.1 is in the works on OBS in
openSUSE:Leap:15.1. As with it's predecessors we use a rolling
development process until the final release. The release is expected
May 2019.

Right now 15.1 calls itself Alpha even though a release in this
early stage probably never has been so green in openQA. Following
SLE 15 SP1 there are also no really deep changes on the horizon so far.
We will stay with the same base system as 15.0.

15.1 automatically pulls maintenance updates from 15.0, as well
as updates from SLE 15 SP1 that is in development too. Packages that
originally came from Factory in 15.0 will not automatically update
to Factory versions. To make individual packages in 15.1 follow Factory
again, updates for such packages have to be submitted manually once
from Factory to 15.1.

Please refrain from mass submitting anything to 15.1. If you
maintain a component that has good reasons to update a larger number
of packages in 15.1, please get in touch with the release team¹
before submitting!
We will also make an effort to automatically submit packages for you
that were added to Factory after 15.0 and build fine for 15.1. Watch
out for review requests as Factory package maintainers need to
approve such submissions.

In any case, larger updates and new components should get integrated
latest in March to still allow for beta testing. If you have
anything that comes late, please contact the release team.

As usual all the details how to submit packages, file bugs etc for
Leap 15.1 can be found in the wiki². And if not.. it's a wiki,
please fill in the missing parts :-)

cu
Ludwig

[1] mailto:opensuse-releaseteam@xxxxxxxxxxxx