Re: [opensuse-factory] A look on RPM compression in openSUSE
On 13/10/2018 19.38, cagsm wrote:
One thing comes up my mind from past incidents while suse upgrades.
Dont forget about to-be-upgraded systems when changing essential stuff
such as compression compatibility and so on. I think we used to have
an opensuse version some years ago, that had a show stopper that
caused incompatibility in the rpm packages while zypper dup-ing or
something similar, which made it necessary to use an updated rpm and
or some related libs first before being able to perform a zypper dup.

Yes, I remember that one.

The issue would be new version not being able to cope with old format.
Otherwise, it is normal, new feature is not supported by old version.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.