Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing package in Leap 15.0: firewall-cmd
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 22:15:51 +0200
Op donderdag 11 oktober 2018 21:11:51 CEST schreef John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
On 10/11/18 9:07 PM, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
I had exactly the same thoughts about the Gtk packages, ditto headless
server, found the YaST ncurses version did not work ( as appeared to be
announced ) and decided to accept the deps and installed firewall-config.
And have not regretted that step one single moment. I run it over an ssh
connection.
Interesting. So, just that I don't misunderstand you: You are running the X
version of YaST the network using "ssh -X -C" because the ncurses version
doesn't have a functional firewall module?

Thanks,
Adrian
Only for the firewall module, yep. The VPS runs headless, but already had a
minimal X installed for a dyslectic apprentice with ro access. Before that I
used firewall-cmd, mostly the --help option :D.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member