[opensuse-factory] package x86info should be removed from current releases: outdated/unmaintained
Looks unmaintained. Not sure, as current release seems undated
on website, but prev release (29) was from 2011.

Main detail: shows my 7 yr old server cpu as:

x86info

x86info vVERSION
Found 12 identical CPUs
Extended Family: 0 Extended Model: 2 Family: 6 Model: 44 Stepping: 2
Type: 0 (Original OEM)
CPU Model (x86info's best guess): Unknown model.
Processor name string (BIOS programmed): Intel(R) Xeon(R)
CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz
Total processor threads: 12
This system has 2 tri-core processors with hyper-threading (2
threads per core) running at an estimated 2.80GHz

2.8 is the max MHz, (1.6 is low), but..a "tri-core processor"...really?
did they make such things?
Anyway, I think lscpu more than replaces the above info:

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 12